"yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him." I Cor. 8:6

Monday, January 12, 2009

Sweet Reunion

A couple of weeks ago, in the midst of the holiday hoopla, P's precious Lion went missing. It was so hard to keep track of him at all the different places we went...Nana's, Grandma's, Papa's and so on. I blame myself. What greater responsibility does a mother have than to keep track of her sweet P's best buddy? But I digress. After making all the emergency calls to see if anyone had seen our missing friend with no success, I gave up. I kind of blew it off, because after all, P didn't seem too distraught about it. And then over the last couple of days, dear old Lion came back into my mind. I can't really explain P's reaction to him being gone. It's not like she asked for him constantly, but still I could tell she was wondering where he had run off to. So today as I was hanging clothes in S's closet, my eye drifted down to this ginormous basket of stuffed animals. I had never looked there. But no, certainly lion didn't get tossed into a basket with a bunch of other toys?!? It was worth a shot. I dug and dug and then at last I saw the familiar tail sticking out. I grabbed him and ran to P and announced "Look what I found! LION!!!" Words cannot express her face. Her eyes lit up, a smile broadened across her face, (maybe even a tear of joy...ok not really) and all the words she could muster up to say were "Thanks!". Well, P and Lion are back together because I don't think he has left her side yet today. Sleep well, P Munch. Mystery solved.

2 comments:

Carly Rodriguez said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Carly Rodriguez said...

P + Lion = BFF