"yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him." I Cor. 8:6

Wednesday, February 6, 2013

What? She blogs?!?

Yes, yes, I know. It's been nearly three years since I last blogged. I could run off a whole long list of why I haven't had time or taken time to blog faithfully. But let's be honest...it's not really important and it's probably nothing you haven't heard already :-)

Today is our sweet Squid's fifth birthday. I started the day on somewhat of an emotional roller coaster because I just couldn't really figure out where the last 5 years with this precious girl went. It seems like just yesterday we were welcoming her into the world...and yet it feels like ages ago. She adds a special dimension to our home and I can't imagine a family dinner without one of Squid's random quotes of the day (stay tuned to future posts about these...there are just too many to list here!)She is funny, outgoing, adventurous and we love her to pieces.

We had a couple of things on the agenda to help celebrate the big birthday, but as the day wore on it just became one of THOSE days. I don't really know how to explain it, but I do know that anyone who has been a mom to young children knows what I'm talking about. I just felt beat up and emotionally drained by the end of the day. I was at my most vulnerable point, sitting on the bedroom floor, crying and praying for wisdom and comfort when in walks my sweet little boy. This sweet little boy who, might I add, had been a large source of my frustration for the day. He walks in and immediately says "Mommy. Why you crying? I love you." And then he grabs his beloved blankie and ever so gently wipes my cheek with it to catch the tears. Ahhhh....this is what it's about. The love between a mom and her child supercedes every tear, every fit, every sleepless night. Yes, it can be frustrating. But in the end, isn't it all worth it?

No comments: