"yet for us there is but one God, the Father, from whom are all things and we exist for Him; and one Lord, Jesus Christ, by whom are all things, and we exist through Him." I Cor. 8:6

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Conversations with P

I find myself amazed on an almost daily basis at what P has learned and what she can communicate in conversation. For example, yesterday the girls and I were playing in the family room where my Bible sat on the ottoman. P has a fascination with the Bible (I pray it continues!) probably just because it's a book and it has funny feeling pages. Anyway, the conversation went as follows:

P: Bible!

Me: Yeah, that's the Bible. What's in the Bible? (asking this, not really expecting her to know, but thinking of it as an opportunity to tell her)

P: Arky, Arky! (as in Noah's Ark)

Me: That's right! What else?

P: Lion! Den! (as in Daniel in the Lion's Den)

Now I know this isn't earth shattering, but I just thought it cool that she's already learning that the Bible is a special book that has lots of different stories. And that the Bible is not one specific book that always looks the same physically...she can just as easily point out daddy's Bible which looks entirely different from mine.

Anyway, she's not a kid genius or anything, but she's smart to me! And just know that 2 year olds are a lot more intuitive than we probably give them credit for. More conversations with P to come...

2 comments:

Carly Rodriguez said...

I think she's the smartest kid I know! Tonight she talked to Joe and told him that she was "learning the words"...to what, he didn't know but she was excited to tell him.

Unknown said...

Of course she's a genius! Just look at her parents :)